Creating Your Financial Plan
- The FAFSA must be filed annually.It is valid for the full academic year and is available until June 30 for each year. This means that the 2022–2023 FAFSA must be filed by June 30, 2023.
- Fordham’s academic year begins with the fall term and ends with the summer term.Each fall term, students can receive up to $20,500 in Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan funds. If eligible for the maximum amount, the $20,500 will be divided and disbursed over the fall, spring, and summer terms.
- Take origination fees into consideration!An origination fee is an upfront fee deducted from each Federal Direct Loan disbursement. It is charged by the federal government to help cover administrative fees associated with the federal loan programs.
Start by estimating your charges for each semester:
- $1,984 per credit
- $271 estimated fees per term
Then, consider options that can help reduce borrowing:
- Tuition assistance opportunities
- Military benefits (if applicable)
- Out of pocket payments/personal resources